Thursday, November 29, 2012

Weight Struggle

My god.  I can't believe I'm writing this post again.  No, that's dishonest.  I completely believe it and it bums me out.  I've been struggling with my weight since I was in high school and I have written a journal or blog entry that this is the final straw too many times.
I don't feel too bad about the way I look, exactly.  I'm not happy but I'm trying to make peace with it.  I'm not always successful.  I definitely still see some evidence of Lala's birth but it's only been two months so that's not too bad.  But I know that my weight will not get better on its own.  I know that it would be better for my body and my future if I could get it under control.  I know that if I can get my weight under control early enough that Lala will benefit.  I know I will be happier and less sick.
I want to do it.  I have started my weight loss journey several times but am generally undone by my lack of discipline.  I have a serious sweet tooth and my husband and I both love fried and sauced food.  I drink way too much soda.  I don't exercise.
In short, it's going to take a lot of change to do this.
Change isn't easy.  But I want it.  So I'm going to try again.  And again, if I have to.  And again.
At this start, I have a hundred pounds to lose.  I'll add some fitness and nutrition goals as I go but that's the long term goal.  First things first, cut back on the crap and stop sitting on my ass.
I'll let you know how it goes.

2 comments:

  1. Best advice: get an exercise routine going. I know people say to try dieting first, but you've seen how I eat. Since getting together with Adam, I eat better than ever because he's a food nazi. I actually started gaining weight, even pre-pregnancy, because I was going to the gym less.

    Just going for a walk daily, even if it's only 15-30 minutes, is a good start. But if you really want results, get yourself some resistance bands and/or a medicine ball. For me, at least, adding weights to my workout routine has always been essential. Just straight cardio has never done jack to help me.

    I have faith in you! Get the hubby on board and try to find a way to involve the little one. If you need me to send you motivational texts daily to keep you going, you know I'll do it. <3!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You rock, my dear. Thank you for the encouragement. It means a lot. <3

      Delete